MISS ECOWAS GHANA is an initiative of 702 Productions with the endorsement and support of the ECOWAS Commission in Abuja, Nigeria.
The Pageant, which sees the crowning of a Miss ECOWAS Ghana, is an annual event and a pre-requisite for Ghana's participation in the International ECOWAS PEACE PAGEANT. The Winner and the 1st Runner-up of each annual event will represent Ghana at the International PEACE PAGEANT which is held in the same year of their crowning in an ECOWAS Member State.
The Pageant therefore is a;
- Platform for the selection of Ghana’s two delegates to participate in the International ECOWAS Peace Pageant.
- Stage for the showcasing of the different unique cultures of Ghana
- An opportunity and a platform to groom and showcase the talent and intellect of our young ladies
- Platform to unveil and market West African fashion, art and culture to Africa and the world.
- Finally, an opportunity to crown a queen who beyond representing Ghana at the ECOWAS PEACE PAGEANT will serve as a Peace Ambassador in Ghana for a year where she and her colleagues will continue to advocate for peaceful co-existence.
The Miss ECOWAS Ghana Pageant has been designed and positioned as THE PAGEANT that will promote peace and the youth agenda of the ECOWAS Commission in Ghana focusing on the role of the youth on the various developmental issues that face our country.
It is also a channel for the exposition of our diverse cultures and talents as well as the many peace building and developmental policies and activities of the Commission.
THE FINAL EVENT
The MISS ECOWAS GHANA final event is a night of splendor, culture and the exhibition of the intellectual capabilities of young delegates from different parts of Ghana.
It is also a night of Ghanaian fashion, art and music. In the spirit of ECOWAS, it is also embellished with the participation of acts from the ECOWAS Sub-Region.
The event night is also the night where a Miss ECOWAS Ghana is crowned out of the participating delegates together with her 1st Runner-up to represent Ghana at the prestigious ECOWAS PEACE PAGEANT to compete for the coveted title of ECOWAS PEACE AMBASSADOR.
The main event is preceded by a-two weeks (14 days) camping period where each girl is groomed to:
- Address and interact with the average man/woman on the street, Presidents and Diplomats.
- Work with other girls from different cultural, personality and educational backgrounds towards the achievement of a common goal
- Master the act of public speaking that delivers the intended results
In addition to the above, the camping period provides the delegates as well as the production team the opportunity to learn about the issues confronting our nation and how we as the youth of the nation can play our roles to ensure that we move Ghana forward in the right direction. This is important as every member of the team, delegate or production, is expected, by virtue of participation, to act as an Ambassador for the country as well as ECOWAS.